|Name of teaching resource
|Weblink (if web based)|
|Who should this digital teaching resource be used with? (ie year/grade)
Children could be introduced to it beginning in Prep and by Grade 1 children should be able to use it individually.
|How should it be used? (e.g. individual, whole class)
Individual- Using the interactive whiteboard, computer or Tablet children can play this game individually.
Using the Interactive whiteboard the class can work together to answer the maths sums.
|Which subject or learning area would it be most appropriate to use in?
|Identify the strengths of this teaching resource
· Easy to use
· Simple sums that can be done by children.
· Children can move onto other games once they have finished.
· Children can play individually or in groups
· The game has a story child can follow e.g. the monster likes jumping in puddles, how dirty you can get the monster.
· Easy to understand instructions
|Identify any weaknesses of this teaching resource
· Children may need to be supervised while using the game so as not to click on adverts.
· Repetitive, children may not want to play over and over again.
|Explain any ideas you may have for further use of this teaching resource
Children could race to see who can do the most sums first to continue an interest in the game.
This game could be used as a reward for hard work and concentration e.g. Friday afternoon free choice activities.