|Name of teaching resource
|Weblink (if web based)|
|Who should this digital teaching resource be used with? (ie year/grade)
This resource has a large focus upon words and reading so I would suggest it for children towards the end of grade one and going onto grade 2.
|How should it be used? (e.g. individual, whole class)
Individual- Children can use this independently when working in small group to find rhyming words, opposites and find similar words when writing.
Using an interactive white board a teacher can ask the children to search for words for poetry writing or work as a group to find different words to use in writing using the thesaurus.
|Which subject or learning area would it be most appropriate to use in?
This resource will be most appropriate for English or Writing classes.
|Identify the strengths of this teaching resource
· Easy to use and navigate for children
· Lots of options within one website e.g. rhyming, thesaurus, tenses, opposites.
· Helps children pronounce words
· Can be used on computer or Tablet
· Gives children a chance to independently search and discover words.
· Can be shared on Google+
|Identify any weaknesses of this teaching resource
· Website requires reading and comprehension skills that some children may struggle with.
· Difficult for young children to use without help.
· Supervision may be necessary to ensure that children do not click on adverts or leave web page.
|Explain any ideas you may have for further use of this teaching resource
Word Hippo could also be useful for a teacher to use with spelling or searching for words using the thesaurus.
Word Hippo also has a translator which could be useful for teachers working within a culturally diverse classroom.